Clicky

Close

Donor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    297 Posts

This is Nuts: Liberals Launch Largest Mobilization in History in Defense of Russiagate Probe

This is Nuts: Liberals Launch Largest Mobilization in History in Defense of Russiagate Probe

Exclusive: Hundreds of thousands have pledged to take to the streets if Special Counsel Robert Mueller is removed, reflecting misplaced priorities and some fundamental misunderstandings, report Coleen Rowley and Nat Parry.

Consortium News, February 9, 2018

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/02/0...siagate-probe/

With Democrats and self-styled #Resistance activists placing their hopes for taking down Donald Trumps presidency in the investigation being led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, online groups such as MoveOn and Avaaz are launching campaigns to come to the Special Counsels defense in the event of him being removed by the president.

With Democrats and self-styled #Resistance activists placing their hopes for taking down Donald Trumps presidency in the investigation being led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, online groups such as MoveOn and Avaaz are launching campaigns to come to the Special Counsels defense in the event of him being removed by the president.

Avaaz claims that hundreds of thousands of supporters have signed up for actions protesting Muellers possible removal, and that more than 25 national organizations support the protests. The group calls it potentially the largest national mobilization in history.

Considering all of the threats to democracy posed by unconstitutional overreach, unfair elections, corruption, and voter suppression not to mention environmental challenges, economic inequality, an out-of-control U.S. foreign policy, numerous foreign conflicts that the U.S. is engaged in, and the ever-present threat of nuclear war it is telling that the liberal establishment is mobilizing on this particular issue.

Coleen Rowley, a retired FBI special agent and division legal counsel whose May 2002 memo to then-FBI Director Robert Mueller exposed some of the FBIs pre-9/11 failures, was named one of TIME magazines Persons of the Year in 2002.

Nat Parry is co-author of Neck Deep: The Disastrous Presidency of George W. Bush. (Nat Parry is also the son of the late Robert Parry

More here: https://consortiumnews.com/2018/02/0...siagate-probe/

This important analysis is a necessary reminder (really, expose') of Mueller and Comey's true natures and the game that is being played on a naive, brainwashed public. I see it as a wake-up call to Resistance "liberals" who adhere to the corporate media narrative like docile, unthinking sheep and cannot see that they are cooperating with the utterly non-liberal, authoritarian-bordering-on-totalitarian Deep State that will eventually subjugate us all if it is not stopped soon.

I hope people will spread this article and link around via social media and email. It would be a great kindness to post it at certain other webforums, if no one has already done so. Waking the people up is the first step.

(BTW, if anyone finds this website's default font size too small, each click on CTRL + will increase the font size.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    749 Posts

We are crazy if we allow the PTB to control our narrative here in the US. I always have thought of many of my acquaintances to be much too intelligent to allow this type of propaganda. I really can't think of another time in my lifetime that it was this pervasive in the public? I absolutely despise all MSM because of the brainwashing. It is abhorrent.
    The left is often not correct, the right is often not right, and we the people are often wronged.

Donor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    We are crazy if we allow the PTB to control our narrative here in the US. I always have thought of many of my acquaintances to be much too intelligent to allow this type of propaganda. I really can't think of another time in my lifetime that it was this pervasive in the public? I absolutely despise all MSM because of the brainwashing. It is abhorrent.
    You know, I've begun to think that it's not just the fault of the people falling for it. I think that the propaganda is just that effective. The people behind this effort to brainwash the American people are sinister, and they have created a propaganda machine that the Soviet Union would have been envious of. They have the money and they have all those organizations. Most people don't have the time or inclination to do the research that most of us here do. So they read headlines and they read the emails that come from their own party. And these people with the money and organizations know what to say to get people to think that Trump is going after Mueller (when of course it's Mueller who's going after Trump, but hey, war is peace, up is down, and 2 plus 2 equals 5.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    749 Posts

I agree Spanishprof. We are so thoroughly brainwashed by our media that it is near impossible to undo. I used to love to read the local newspaper from top to bottom. They are owned by the same company that owns the WaPo which means that I rarely read it anymore because I can't tell what is real? It is a waste of time. I know so many who are very active in the community (civic leaders, judges, police, and teachers) that believe the printed propaganda and almost refer to anyone that won't believe as wacky. So, what will our options be? If we, as regular every day people, can't convince anyone what is truly happening, we are doomed to live life as they dictate.
    The left is often not correct, the right is often not right, and we the people are often wronged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts

I try and console myself that most of the local news papers don't have truth with regards to the letters to the editors section. People not only get fired or put on warning if they write in stating that they don't really think newly arrived hispanics should be the top item of everyone's concern. Or if they write a letter to the editor expressing faith in Donald Trump. So the slant exists because the control is so total. On the one RW site I am on, people don't use their own names as they are afraid their boss will find them on the site and then there would be repercussions.

Meanwhile Fox new cable has high standings in all the available data and polling out there. They are a bigger factor than CNN or MSNBC by a factor of 30% more. Which is rather high. (Very high) People are watching Hannity and Tucker and Laura and Judge Jeannine. And mass exiting from Rachel and Anderson Cooper.

I just wish there was a way to meet some of these folks locally to replace the friends I have lost. I even daydream about driving into San Francisco to meet with Scott Adams, as he claims he has lost friends too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts

Whenever I am spending a day out in the kitchen cooking and cleaning, I have my $ 19 radio on. And then I listen to the oldies station that plays music from the 70's and 80's.

But every hour on the hour, CBS news has its "national news headlines service." Yesterday they had their harsh but I suppose usual slant on things. They were in this mode of "Feeling significant pressure from the fact that the Mueller investigation is about to close in on him, Wicked Pres Donald Trump claims he cannot release the new memo from the Democrats, as Trump claims this memo has state secrets embedded in it." And then on and on - insinuations that he wishes to suppress the memo when in fact, it does have state classified material in it. If he were to release it, he would be shamed for doing that also. ("How can we have a man running the country that would go and release a memo with state secrets contained within it?")

How is it that right now, everything is slanted so far to the left that it is pathetic? The announcer even manages to spit out Trump's name as though the name itself is an abomination.

Donor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crone View Post
    Whenever I am spending a day out in the kitchen cooking and cleaning, I have my $ 19 radio on. And then I listen to the oldies station that plays music from the 70's and 80's.

But every hour on the hour, CBS news has its "national news headlines service." Yesterday they had their harsh but I suppose usual slant on things.
    Sounds kind of like the two-minute hate, except I'm sure it lasts longer than two minutes. The left is in bed with the Deep State, and the Deep State is fighting back now with everything they've got to take back control.

Donor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spanishprof27 View Post
    Sounds kind of like the two-minute hate, except I'm sure it lasts longer than two minutes. The left is in bed with the Deep State, and the Deep State is fighting back now with everything they've got to take back control.
    Please don't refer to these people as the left....they are the faux-left or right wing democrats. I am not a Republican and am pretty far on the left, so I don't like it when hystericrats or right wing democrats are called the "left". They are not.

Donor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whispers View Post
    Please don't refer to these people as the left....they are the faux-left or right wing democrats. I am not a Republican and am pretty far on the left, so I don't like it when hystericrats or right wing democrats are called the "left". They are not.
    My point of reference for that statement is people I know in real life and have known for many years. They are saying that Mueller is great, that George Bush is okay now, and that anything and anyone that/who goes against Trump for whatever reason is good. And these people consider themselves "on the left." I apologize for the wording and did not intend to paint with a broad brush.

Donor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I understand. It just irks me that those who believe and push the Russia gate nonsense, and who opine positively about George Bush, I or II, call themselves the "left". To whom are they the left? Right sing Republicans? Tea party politicians? Those who think Mother Jones is a go to source, or Talking Points Memo, or who support corporate establishment democrats, are not on the "left". I am so disappointed in so many who just cannot get beyond "Trump" and look at the whole picture. But, then, who am I to decide?? Sorry, I wasn't meant to be admonishing you but those who falsely label themselves the "left", but as I said, "who am I to decide?" I am just sickened by the state of the union.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    749 Posts

Agreed! This is why I don't count myself as belonging to any party. I am registered Independent, but I am so skeptical of all who run for office. I can't fall for the Kabuki theatre that politicos are so wrapped up in. Nancy Pelosi and John McCain seem to be one and the same.