Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    569 Posts
    Videos

The sad spectacle of Hillary Clinton’s slow-motion breakdown

The sad spectacle of Hillary Clinton’s slow-motion breakdown
    By Andrew Malcolm

Hillary Clinton seems to have launched yet another political campaign in 2017, one to convince Americans that they absolutely did the right thing by not electing her president in 2016.

-snip-

The only thing disunited Democrats have going for them right now is an undisciplined president and Republican disunity.

There’s no end in sight either for such self-imposed scab-picking; Clinton has not one but two books coming out this fall that will put her on stage after stage across the country with obsequious hosts feeding the Clinton ego with continuous curiosity about her thoughts and doings. Oh, and how in the world could Donald Trump have won?

At some point you’d think a remorseless Clinton might run out of people, countries and conspiracies to blame for that historic upset in November. It was truly a devastating loss, perhaps the most shocking since Tom Dewey’s unanticipated flop in 1948. It’s understandable, if ominous, that the wannabe commander-in-chief was shattered and unable to appear election night.

In fact, that’s one of the reasons Clinton cites for losing. Not Dewey, but the expectation that the immense campaign she’d planned for so many years would indeed succeed. She lost, she explains, as “the victim of a very broad assumption that I was going to win.” Say what?

She lost because “for whatever reason” FBI Director James Comey reopened the investigation into her email scandal just before the election. She lost because of the Russians, you know, the people she helped gain control of 20 percent of U.S. uranium, the folks who paid her husband a small fortune for one speech.

She lost because of American misogyny. She lost because of big money, even though hers was by far the biggest money. And she got pretty big bucks for her closed Wall Street speeches.

She lost because of the media. She lost because Americans do not like giving a third straight White House term to the same party, even though they did in 1988 and – oh, look – in 1948, the fifth straight Democratic term in the White House.

-smip-

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/opinion/a...154579389.html

In case no one can tell, I'm thoroughly enjoying this
    You can easily get agreement between a pig and a cow that wolves are bad, but they can easily fall into the trap where the pig says
    wolves should eat more beef, while the cow recommends a diet of pork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    276 Posts
    Videos

I'm enjoying it right along with you. It's not just the take down of Hillary either. It's the exposure of the whole corrupt system around the globe.

Don't vote for the Cat

Donor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Oh, yeah. Clinton is one of the most evil people in American politics in my lifetime, imho. In terms of presidents and presidential candidates, would say Bush the Elder is a close runner up. Despite all the evil that happened during his presidency, Shrub (Bush the Younger) always struck me as more of a dumb, clueless puppet. That fact that post-presidency he has retired to his ranch to paint and STFU has won him some brownie points from me.

Given all their health issues, I sometimes wonder what keeps the Clintons going. OK, the desire for the presidency for Hill, and chasing interns for Bill. But Hill ain't ever gettin' to the Oval Office, and odds are Bill has outlived his pecker. What is the point in sticking around, especially if Hill is going to fail to take a hint from Shrub and STFU?

Donor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

It's from McClatchy, one of the few groups that didn't buy whole hog into the BS in the run up to invading Iraq.

McClatchyDC

McClatchyDC is a news agency that distributes original reporting based out of McClatchy's Washington, D.C. bureau, which was acquired from Knight Ridder. It is the largest client of the McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.[9]

In 2008, McClatchy's bureau chief in D.C., John Walcott, was the first recipient of the IF Stone Medal for Journalistic Independence, awarded by the Nieman Foundation for Journalism.[10][11] In accepting the award, Walcott commented on McClatchy's reporting during the period preceding the Iraq War:

Why, in a nutshell, was our reporting different from so much other reporting? One important reason was that we sought out the dissidents, and we listened to them, instead of serving as stenographers to high-ranking [Bush administration] officials and Iraqi exiles.[11]

McClatchy journalists have also won nine Pulitzer prizes in their 159-year history.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_McClatchy_Company

Donor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Like sharks, if they stop moving/hustling, they die. Absent their hustling, the party would move away from them, and their loyalists compelled to move on. The party is a giant support mechanism for the Clintons.

Without the support of the party they'd lose a lot of support in the media as the media would move on to find new hosts.

The Clintons need to remain credible players, so when the investigations and indictments start getting churned out they can claim "It's political" and "Russia!".

And because the party and the media is joined at the hip to them, an attack on the Clintons is an attack on them. The media is especially sensitive to this as it goes to their judgement. They wrote the editorials endorsing her, sometimes before she won the nomination. They had every opportunity to say "No" to her candidacy in time for someone else to run.

If there was no risk to a mainstream journalist's career in digging deep into the Clintons, there'd be more stories about them, and that would create a chain reaction. Once everyone felt safe to talk off the record, we'd hear about the reservations everyone had. Before long it would be a case of "everyone knows" she shouldn't have run, they'd have no allies, and then all their crimes and misdemeanors would start really coming to light.

This goes to why they want Chelsea to have a career in politics.

I predict a revolt, and soon enough there will be a number of vocal politicians, who are women and people of color, tearing into the Clintons, and once they lose that demographic as a group willing to overlook most anything, then the Clinton family is done.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    569 Posts
    Videos

Quote Originally Posted by maloyo View Post
    Oh, yeah. Clinton is one of the most evil people in American politics in my lifetime, imho. In terms of presidents and presidential candidates, would say Bush the Elder is a close runner up. Despite all the evil that happened during his presidency, Shrub (Bush the Younger) always struck me as more of a dumb, clueless puppet. That fact that post-presidency he has retired to his ranch to paint and STFU has won him some brownie points from me.

Given all their health issues, I sometimes wonder what keeps the Clintons going. OK, the desire for the presidency for Hill, and chasing interns for Bill. But Hill ain't ever gettin' to the Oval Office, and odds are Bill has outlived his pecker. What is the point in sticking around, especially if Hill is going to fail to take a hint from Shrub and STFU?
    Welcome to 99R Maloyo LMAO at Bill and his pecker.
    You can easily get agreement between a pig and a cow that wolves are bad, but they can easily fall into the trap where the pig says

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    569 Posts
    Videos

I had forgotten about that but the other day I was looking at their RSS feed and wishing we had real estate to put it somewhere. What with the bs the Intercept just pushed, later today I'll replace the Greenwald twitter and see if anyone notices or objects. Thanks for pointing that out!

Donor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    They are good.

I recently discovered the new link that goes directly to the Associated Press.

https://apnews.com/

It's nice to be able to link directly to a story that news outlets are using.

Donor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I am not so sure that the Intercept made a mistake by indirectly revealing Winner's identity. The fact that she published
    this unimportant assessment due to her hate of Trump was rather informative to people.
    As far as Cinton's candidacy is concerned: She was the choice not just by the Party, but by the whole establishment
    including the MIC and the IC. And they still cannot and will not accept their mistake in reading the voters' mind.
    Hence this total hysteria about the Russian influence, which they will try to keep up 24/7.
    What the Deep State could not understand was the disdain the people felt for HRH. Almost any other Dem could
    have won against Trump, but they stuck to her as their designed tool.