Clicky

Close

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Techie Admin Vanessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,594
    Blog Entries
    23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,105
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,135
    Thanked in
    569 Posts
    Videos
    8

    Theresa May faces calls to resign as hung parliament confirmed

    (Breaking News Banner) Theresa May faces calls to resign as hung parliament confirmed

    UK General Election: Night of shocks puts Theresa May under early pressure to quit Live updates

    Britain has gone to the polls to decide who will lead the country into Brexit negotiations. Tory Prime Minister Theresa May called the snap election in April to strengthen her slim majority. But Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn is hot on her heels in the exit polls.

    09 June 2017
    04:44 GMT

    Former Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith is calling for “stability” over the next 24 hours.

    Speaking to Sky News, he said he wants Theresa May to “stay on because she is the prime minister right now.”

    “We absolutely do not need at this particular time - while we are trying to figure all of this out - is for any kind of attempt to have a leadership election. That would be the wrong thing to do.

    “I think the most important thing for us as a party … it is feasible for us, if we are around about where we think we might be, for us to form that coalition and to make a government.

    “Our objective is to try and make the government and to then continue in government. And if that’s the case, she needs to be the person doing that. And we need to get onto it straight away.”

    04:26 GMT

    The Conservatives will not win the landslide victory they hoped for and Labour won’t secure the 326 parliamentary seats they need to form a government. But minority parties could strike a deal with Jeremy Corbyn to push the Tories out of office.

    -snip-

    https://www.rt.com/uk/391419-electio...-live-updates/

    ===============================

    You can easily get agreement between a pig and a cow that wolves are bad, but they can easily fall into the trap where the pig says
    wolves should eat more beef, while the cow recommends a diet of pork.

  2. #2
    Donor Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    107
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    52
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    95
    Thanked in
    48 Posts


    The UK is fucked if Corbyn gets in. He wants to over-turn Brexit, and he is positive on Islamic economic immigration. He is far too much of a Socialist for me personally but it is the later two issues that unfortunately align him with neoliberalism and idpol which is what we need less of, not more of.
    “Finite players play to beat the people around them. Infinite players play to be better than themselves.” -- Simon Sinek

  3. #3
    Donor
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    40
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    55
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    39
    Thanked in
    23 Posts


    This could go either way.
    I like that he is a socialist and more 'left' than other Labor leaders.
    However, it still remains to be seen if he has the will, desire, or ability to pull the UK back from the cliff edge of Neoliberal Imperialism.
    The US has gone screaming "yee haaaa" over that cliff already.

  4. #4
    Donor crone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    948
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    650
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,112
    Thanked in
    532 Posts


    Do you know any of his thoughts regarding how Britain pulled out of the criminal enterprise known as the EU?

    Oops, i just realized Bear has answered this concern. Corbyn doesn't like Brexit.

  5. #5
    Donor CNW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    278
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    209
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    337
    Thanked in
    172 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    (Breaking News Banner) Theresa May faces calls to resign as hung parliament confirmed
    “Strong and Stable My Arse”: How Theresa May Blew the British General Election
    May ran a campaign highlighting her strengths as a “bloody difficult woman” able to lead Britain through tough times. But it turns out voters wanted something different.
    by Henry Porter

    June 9, 2017 4:39 pm

    Having snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in the British general election, Prime Minister Theresa May now has the gall to act as though she was, in fact, the victor. May has appeared outside No. 10 to tell the British that she has had a word with the Queen, and will be forming the next government with the help of some unsavory types from Northern Ireland, the Democratic Unionist Party. The British are gasping at her effrontery.

    Like some mid-century dictator, May seems incapable of understanding that the people have definitively moved against her. May’s hubris, which propelled her to call for a snap election in order to accumulate power with which to negotiate the Brexit talks, saw her scuttle from the shadows of humiliation with the same leaden egotism and toe-curling self-importance that she demonstrated during the campaign—when May insisted that she alone could provide the “strong and stable” leadership required to guide Britain through Brexit and its many terror threats. The extent of May’s loss can be easily forgotten when you watch her, dressed in royal blue, claim the right to continue on as if nothing has happened. But it was disastrous nonetheless. When May called for the snap election, she had a poll lead of 20 points and a 17-seat majority. In six weeks, she managed to drop at least 15 points and turn a workable majority, which could have lasted three years, into a deficit. For the record, the Conservative party lost 12 seats, while Labor’s much-ridiculed leader, Jeremy Corbyn, surged on a tide of youthful enthusiasm to gain 29. Labor has 261 seats, not enough to form a government, perhaps, but vastly more than was projected.

    More here: http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/...neral-election

    ** The Brits have noticed that Theresa also has been reversing herself on positions such as Health Care, Pensions, etc. These are serious concerns to all peoples. She is losing support from the public. In the US it doesn't matter what the people think or want but the UK is different, they use paper ballots which are hand counted and this process is filmed. That means they can be voted out as you see what just happened. Also the fact that the UK is supplying the Saudi's with banned armaments for use in Yemen and not acknowledging it. The BBC, of course is covering for her and the Tory Party. All together this isn't good for the Tories.
    Now She will form a coalition with the DUP, a Northern Ireland far right party. **


    Here's more about the DUP Theresa May will form a coalition with:
    ...

    Meet the DUP, the far-right party that just got a big seat in U.K. politics

    A history of corruption and violence are just a small part of what makes the DUP’s newfound power so wild.
    David Gilmour—
    2017-06-09 02:19 pm

    -snip-

    The ultra-conservative Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) only won 10 seats, all in their base province of Northern Ireland. When the Conservatives only won 318 of the 326 parliamentary seats they needed for a majority in the House of Commons, this small party enthusiastically emerged as kingmaker. So, who are they?

    The party, founded by a Protestant fundamentalist preacher named Ian Paisley at the height of Northern Ireland’s bloody and divisive sectarian conflict, has an intensely religious philosophy that informs its politics even today.

    When acting as leader of the DUP, Paisley regularly denounced the Pope as the antichrist in rejection of the Roman Catholic church’s influence in the southern Irish Republic. Paisley also became associated with paramilitarism when he attempted to create a “defensive militia” in the early 1980s during the climaxing sectarian violence—over which U.S. State Department revoked Paisley’s U.S. visa.

    In recent years, the party has used the province’s unique power arrangement to block abortion legislation and gay marriage via a veto, even after political approval was voted through. The DUP’s politicians have also been at the center of some serious corruption scandals involving property and the bias distribution of government contracts.

    More at Link: https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/what...p-uk-politics/

  6. #6
    Donor CNW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    278
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    209
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    337
    Thanked in
    172 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    The UK is fucked if Corbyn gets in. He wants to over-turn Brexit, and he is positive on Islamic economic immigration. He is far too much of a Socialist for me personally but it is the later two issues that unfortunately align him with neoliberalism and idpol which is what we need less of, not more of.
    ** Corbyn has had a big surge of support form the public, he was only a little over 2200 votes short of being the next PM. He has the popularity of Bernie Sanders as he speaks to the majority of the people's fears which they see happening just as we do in the US. **
    ...
    The Facts Proving Jeremy Corbyn's Election Triumph
    By Jonathan Cook (Page 1 of 2 pages

    Progressive leader has turned around the electoral fortunes of his party more than anyone in 70 years

    Watching the BBC's coverage of the election, you could be excused for taking away two main impressions of Thursday night's results of the UK election. First, that Theresa May had a terrible, self-sabotaging campaign; and second that, while Jeremy Corbyn may be celebrating, he decisively lost the election.

    Those are the conclusions we would expect a pundit class to draw that has spent two years slandering Corbyn, calling him "unelectable," warning that he appealed to little more than a niche group of radical leftists, and claiming that Labour was about to face the worst electoral defeat in living memory -- if not ever. Corbyn's social justice message was supposedly alienating the heartlands of the UK. So let's stand back, look at the voting figures and see how a Corbyn-led Labour party actually did.

    Corbyn received 41 percent of the vote, against May's 44 percent. Given the UK's inherently flawed, first-past-the-post electoral system, he won some 50 fewer seats than the Conservatives, but that was still a big improvement on Labour's share of seats in the last election, under Ed Miliband. There is now a hung parliament, and to survive May will need to depend on the MPs of a small group of Northern Irish extremist Loyalists, creating a deeply unstable government.

    But how did Corbyn do in terms of the Labour vote compared to his recent predecessors? He won many more votes than Ed Miliband, Gordon Brown and Neil Kinnock, who were among those that, sometimes noisily, opposed his leadership of the party.

    More here: https://www.opednews.com/articles/Th...70609-419.html

    ** My wife is British. She would have voted for Corbyn except for one thing. She thinks May already has a handle on the Brexit negotiatiions and would be stronger with the Brussels Barons. She's probably right as Corbyn was a "stayer" because of the EU money coming in, the support for farmers, academics, research grants, etc. But he is also against the big corporate tax breaks, austerity, breakup of the unions, privation of the public transport and the NHS. He would be who I would vote for if I could have voted. You have to be careful what the British MSM is saying. Like the US media they are biased, this has been investigated & proven. The BBC, who I always liked is now controlled by the UK government. They launched a propaganda and personal attack against Corbyn leading up to the election. But the Brits see through most of it, especially the millenium generation. CNW **

  7. #7
    Techie Admin Vanessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,594
    Blog Entries
    23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,105
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,135
    Thanked in
    569 Posts
    Videos
    8


    And you'll never guess who ran her campaign lol- Jim Messina, the campaign manager of Great Liberal Hero Barack Obama. (source)

    The American Association of Political Consultants later crowned him the Campaign Strategist of the Year.

    In January 2013, the Obama administration announced the launch of Organizing for Action, a new advocacy organization that will promote President Obama’s policies, with Jim Messina as national chair. That same year, Messina became Co-Chair of Priorities USA, the Super Pac backing Hillary Clinton’s campaign for President.

    http://themessinagroup.com/team/jim-messina/

    Notice anything similar?



    I'm right with you on the your note. I would have voted for Corbyn also.
    You can easily get agreement between a pig and a cow that wolves are bad, but they can easily fall into the trap where the pig says
    wolves should eat more beef, while the cow recommends a diet of pork.

  8. #8
    Donor Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    107
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    52
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    95
    Thanked in
    48 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by CNW View Post
    ** Corbyn has had a big surge of support form the public, he was only a little over 2200 votes short of being the next PM. He has the popularity of Bernie Sanders as he speaks to the majority of the people's fears which they see happening just as we do in the US. **
    ...
    The Facts Proving Jeremy Corbyn's Election Triumph
    By Jonathan Cook (Page 1 of 2 pages

    Progressive leader has turned around the electoral fortunes of his party more than anyone in 70 years

    Watching the BBC's coverage of the election, you could be excused for taking away two main impressions of Thursday night's results of the UK election. First, that Theresa May had a terrible, self-sabotaging campaign; and second that, while Jeremy Corbyn may be celebrating, he decisively lost the election.

    Those are the conclusions we would expect a pundit class to draw that has spent two years slandering Corbyn, calling him "unelectable," warning that he appealed to little more than a niche group of radical leftists, and claiming that Labour was about to face the worst electoral defeat in living memory -- if not ever. Corbyn's social justice message was supposedly alienating the heartlands of the UK. So let's stand back, look at the voting figures and see how a Corbyn-led Labour party actually did.

    Corbyn received 41 percent of the vote, against May's 44 percent. Given the UK's inherently flawed, first-past-the-post electoral system, he won some 50 fewer seats than the Conservatives, but that was still a big improvement on Labour's share of seats in the last election, under Ed Miliband. There is now a hung parliament, and to survive May will need to depend on the MPs of a small group of Northern Irish extremist Loyalists, creating a deeply unstable government.

    But how did Corbyn do in terms of the Labour vote compared to his recent predecessors? He won many more votes than Ed Miliband, Gordon Brown and Neil Kinnock, who were among those that, sometimes noisily, opposed his leadership of the party.

    More here: https://www.opednews.com/articles/Th...70609-419.html

    ** My wife is British. She would have voted for Corbyn except for one thing. She thinks May already has a handle on the Brexit negotiatiions and would be stronger with the Brussels Barons. She's probably right as Corbyn was a "stayer" because of the EU money coming in, the support for farmers, academics, research grants, etc. But he is also against the big corporate tax breaks, austerity, breakup of the unions, privation of the public transport and the NHS. He would be who I would vote for if I could have voted. You have to be careful what the British MSM is saying. Like the US media they are biased, this has been investigated & proven. The BBC, who I always liked is now controlled by the UK government. They launched a propaganda and personal attack against Corbyn leading up to the election. But the Brits see through most of it, especially the millenium generation. CNW **
    The Millennial generation want back into the EU hence their support of Corbyn. May is no winner overall, and frankly has a bad history with regards to the 'migrant problem' but Corbyn is an open-borders loon. May still won no matter how much it is spun to be a Corbyn victory which runs dangerously close to the way Trump is delegitimized here because "she won the popular vote".
    “Finite players play to beat the people around them. Infinite players play to be better than themselves.” -- Simon Sinek

  9. #9
    Techie Admin Vanessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,594
    Blog Entries
    23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,105
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,135
    Thanked in
    569 Posts
    Videos
    8


    Thanks Hugo Chavez for showing that the poor matter and wealth can be shared. He made massive contributions to Venezuela & a very wide world


    You can easily get agreement between a pig and a cow that wolves are bad, but they can easily fall into the trap where the pig says
    wolves should eat more beef, while the cow recommends a diet of pork.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-10-2017, 02:04 PM
  2. Turkish parliament approves troop deployment in Qatar
    By Vanessa in forum Latest Breaking News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2017, 03:34 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-04-2017, 01:11 PM
  4. Theresa May wants sweeping new powers to control the internet
    By Vanessa in forum Latest Breaking News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2017, 01:39 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-18-2017, 01:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •