Clicky

Close

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

US Illegal Wars -Rand Paul " . . open-ended, never-ending war is dangerous for America."

US Illegal Wars -Rand Paul
    Marine1063

Published on Jun 21, 2017

"Senator Rand Paul spoke to members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Tuesday about why open-ended, never-ending war is dangerous for America.

In a hearing aimed at reviewing congressional authorizations for the use of military force, Paul explained that the Founding Fathers never intended for Article II of the U.S. Constitution to be seen as “unlimited authority to commence, initiate or engage in war” by the Executive Branch.

“The initiation of war is a congressional duty, not the president’s at all,” he continued. “There’s nothing in the War Powers Act about unauthorized war because we’re not supposed to be doing it.”"

6:48 minutes

Donor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Rand Paul is so right on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whispers View Post
    Rand Paul is so right on this.
    He really is, a long long time ago I was a Libertarian - My complaints about the party then are nothing compared to what we see going on today.
    They make a lot of sense now . . . or maybe I'm getting wiser as I age.

Donor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I am not a Libertarian, but I must say both Ron and Rand make a lot of sense. I, however, do believe in government and regulations....but when it comes to war they talk straight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    749 Posts

Rand Paul does believe in small govt, but he also does have quite a few freedoms that are important to him... though I do think he varies some from his father.

He is very strong on balancing the budget and eliminating our fiscal debt. I love that he is a doctor and backs Medical MJ and Medical Research of Cannabis, hates govt spying on citizens and is anti-war. He is actually the only one besides Bernie that I felt a desire to see run for POTUS. Since the primary, I have lost confidence in Bernie. I was disappointed in his quick sharp turn.
    The left is often not correct, the right is often not right, and we the people are often wronged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts

The big problem between the show down between government regs the way they are now, and the "not even a fire department" way some libertarians are insisting upon means that the equitable middle may never come about.

I read in the newspaper yesterday that the Calif State Senate just passed a bill making it illegal for any animal that is not a rescue animal to be sold. This state cannot even monitor the foster child system it has created, but now they are what? I am sure the motive is a nice one, but there is that saying about the road to hell...

The state is attempting the ban of all breeding and sales of purebred dogs. And somehow they will find the monies to be going to run from small farm to small farm to make sure no one's dog was recently pregnant and also ensure the farmer has no puppies to sell?