<< Click on pic for video

The interview is simultaneously translated into English and extremely well too.
These highlights (copied from Telesur tweets) in NO way capture the essence of the interview. Hopefully someone will write a transcript.

- discusses his health and what he's been up to since leaving the presidency

- The Citizen's Revolution is changing relations of power. Ecuador was dominated by a group of elites.

- Our army are the citizens and our weapons are the votes

- Economics abstracted from political power is useless.

- If you're on the left you suffer great hostility from the media.

- Our revolutions are profoundly democratic.

- Winning rights makes people happy -- it's the people that lose their privileges that are unhappy.

- We won on all levels -- the presidency, the assembly, and on the regional level.

- Corruption is not tolerated and it is being investigated. That comes from my government.

- There's a difference between a person who has a few grams of drugs for consumption and a narcotrafficker.

- Given the primitive politics of Trump, the region (Latin America) will unite and progressive governments will come to power.

- They do not want @LulapeloBrasi to be able to stand for the 2018 elections.

- They are going to do to @LulapeloBrasi what they are doing to me -- try and stop me with a case that has no grounds.

- Development is a political problem. Who's in charge -- the elite or the majority? Capital or the people?

- The immense majority of the media are not only profit seeking but they are also looking for political power.

- We need more public media and more space for community media.

- We must dialogue on the basis of principles and for the common good.

- We can't get comfortable with the revolutionary process or become bureaucratic. We must constantly renew ourselves.